The implementation went well. We even got out of work earlier than expected. Which was nice because the roads were crappy. The last ~5 miles of my drive were very slick and a little foggy. Then Peri and I went out for our "mom's home!" walk and the sidewalk, gravel driveway and grass was so icy that we were both slipping around.
I'm off to get some sleep now.
Brad took Peri to the vet today and we finally got him weighed. He's 8.5 months old and weighs 14.2 pounds.
Quoting from the Maltese breed standard:
Weight under 7 pounds, with from 4 to 6 pounds preferred. Overall quality is to be favored over size."
We have a mutant dog!
So apparently I've offended the on call gods because they were restless last night again.
Let's just say I slept from around 11:30 pm until 2 am. And then 3:30 am until 5:15 am (on the couch so I bugged Brad less). And then maybe another 30 minutes. Peri and I went out for a walk around 2:30 because he was so happy that I was awake. Ops paged me at 5:15 am to let me know that the server where our code base lives was back up, but I called and asked for another hour of sleep. Peri let me rest for another 30 minutes after that and then he was ready for breakfast and a walk.
11 pm - went to sleep
11:33 pm - Got a page from Ops that PWEBEDD (a scheduled job) hit it's 5 hour maxrun alarm time. I told them it was ok but to keep an eye on it.
1:16 am - Got another page from Ops that PWEBEDD was still running. I told them it was ok again but to keep an eye on it.
1:57 am - Got yet another page from Ops that PWEBEDD was still running. I told them it was ok and to please not page me so frequently.
4:13 am - Got one more page from Ops on PWEBEDD. I didn't call them this time.
4:49 am - Got a page from Neelix (one of the production servers) - NumberExceptionFormat. I called Ops and told them that the site was ok. They mentioned that PWEBEDD was still running. At this point, Peri heard my voice and decided we should go outside for a walk so I bundled up and took him out. After I brought him back in, I tried to get another hour of sleep.
6 am - Gave up and got out of bed.
I've finally gotten caught up on all of my blog reads and LJ posts. That was a lot of work. The last thing for me to read are the daily quotes feed.
"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."
"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
"I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it."
"All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income."
While I was in DC, I indulged in one of my favorite pastimes (in a favorite location too - Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe): book shopping. Now, keep in mind that I knew I had piles of books waiting to be read at home, but I still bought 7 or 8 books on my trip. One of them is titled Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason.
Well, this one is going at the bottom of the pile (which contains 30 some odd books) because all I need is to get more books that I want to read. I think tomorrow might be bookshelf weeding day so I can make room for all of my lovely new books. :D
Found at Hey! Lisa's and thought it was interesting...
You are Form 1, Goddess: The Creator.
"And The Goddess planted the acorn of life. She cried a single tear and shed a single drop of blood upon the earth where she buried it. From her blood and tear, the acorn grew into the world."
Some examples of the Goddess Form are Gaia (Greek), Jehova (Christian), and Brahma (Indian). The Goddess is associated with the concept of creation, the number 1, and the element of earth. Her sign is the dawn sun.
As a member of Form 1, you are a charismatic individual and people are drawn to you. Although sometimes you may seem emotionally distant, you are deeply in tune with other people's feelings and have tremendous empathy. Sometimes you have a tendency to neglect your own self. Goddesses are the best friends to have because they're always willing to help.
Which Mythological Form Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
Snarfed from Mary's site...
1. Okay, okay! I take it back. Unfuck you.
2. You say I'm a bitch like it's a bad thing.
3. Well, this day was a total waste of make-up.
4. Well, aren't we a damn ray of sunshine?
5. Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after.
6. Do I look like a people person?
7. This isn't an office. It's hell with fluorescent lighting.
8. I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.
9. Therapy is expensive. Popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.
10. Why don't you try practicing random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control?
11. I'm not crazy. I've been in a very bad mood for 30 years.
12. Sarcasm is just one more service I offer.
13. Do they ever shut up on your planet?
14. I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.
15. Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't gone to sleep yet.
16. Back off!! You're standing in my aura.
17. Don't worry. I forgot your name too.
18. I work 45 hours a week to be this poor.
19. Not all men are annoying. Some are dead.
20. Wait...I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.
21. Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.
22. Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.
23. You look like shit. Is that the style now?
24. Earth is full. Go home.
25. Aw, did I step on your poor little bitty ego?
26. I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert.
27. A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.
28. You are depriving some village of an idiot.
29. If assholes could fly, this place would be an airport.
30. I don't really have a headache, I'm just tired of your crap!
I wasn't very good at taking pictures while on my trip. I took a bunch of my adorable niece and a few of some friends' kids. Otherwise, the camera sat in my suitcase the whole time.
Zach being silly; Zach and Morgan: