"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."
1. Apples are to oranges as _who cares? They're both tasty!_.
2. _I'll listen as long as you need to talk, but will do my best not to offer advice_ and that's all I have to say about that.
3. I think I hear _the sun shining brightly outside my window_.
4. _Yesterday, my energy started to_ flag (we spent 5.5 hours at the Children's Museum).
5. Do what you want to do, but _do no harm to others_.
6. _Sam's mom sent him out for a walk on the beach_ and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with _shells for her shell garden_.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _making tasty burgers for dinner_, tomorrow my plans include _babysitting for friends so they can see the new Star Trek movie_ and Sunday, I want to _have a fantastic evening with my sweetheart_!
Yesterday, I took James' car to the grocery store because he was using mine to take his youngest out to practice driving. I didn't feel or notice anything (though I thought the car was abnormally loud), but I somehow managed to run over a HUGE nail. I went the short distance to the store and back (about a mile total) and in that time, ruined the tire.
Today, I got new tires. Except I wrote down everything except "91H'. Which was apparently some secret code that I needed. The first pair of tires I bought were the exact right tires in everything except the secret code. I exchanged them for a pair that was "91H", but not the same exact model. The ride was fine, but it still made me nervous (and cost more).
The ever continuing saga of my car inspection gone wrong (the name of the place is Tony's at 353 Salem St, Medford). I'd checked the bank over the weekend and again this morning. The 2 $500 charges were still there (as expected) as was the new $50 charge (what I should have been charged in the first place), but the 2 credits for $500 were not listed. I stopped at the grocery store (where my bank is also) and asked. She suggested waiting until tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that the money shows up tomorrow.
On the good side of things, a bunch of us went to the ballet on Saturday. We saw Sleeping Beauty. It was wonderful to go again and to remember hearing the dancers on stage and some of the scenes they performed.
On Sunday night, we went to friends' for gaming after dinner. They made a tasty drink of limeaid, pineapple and rum. Damn, that was good.
I now have a BJ's club card which means getting papergoods (especially for the parties) will be much cheaper. (That's where I got the tires.)
I'm really hoping that my missing money shows up tomorrow.
I want to find something non-computer-y to do sometimes. I love reading and that will always be an option, but sometimes I think I'd like to do some needlepoint again. I have the grids for a pillow I liked in a catalog (I picked different stitches for different sections because all basketweave is BORING (to me)), but I'd need a frame, the canvas and thread. I could re-learn how to crochet or knit. I haven't done those in forever. But I'd need a project and then the materials.
I dunno. I'll think on this s'more. Maybe I'll be inspired. Hopefully posting it will remind me that I want to do this. :)